Imagine what life will be 15 years from now with all the innovations and advancements as well as uncertainties. One thing is crystal clear: A career in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) offers so much for our children; opportunity, the chance to shape our world and job stability in an increasingly tech-focused marketplace.https://9ijakids.com/12-interesting-stem-facts-every-parent-must-know/Read more
School resumes for most on Monday (I can hear shouts of joys 😂😜 from the parents and groans😬😬😬 from the children) and it’s time to get the kids ready for back to school. Here are a few tips that has helped me avoid those first week arguments and frustrations.
1. Introduce a Bedtime Routine😴😴😴 – At the minimum a week before school starts get them back into an earlier bedtime routine.
2. Waking Earlier🛀🏾 – Start waking your child(ren) at the time they will need to get up for school.
3. Early, Early Night🛌– The night before the first day of school let them go to bed very early. If normal bedtime is 8pm, let them sleep at 7.30pm.
4. School Messages📨 – Time to check and read all the emails/messages from school that was earlier ignored 🙈🙈🙈
5. Prepare for School Supplies 🌂✏🖍📚– Start now to pick up on all school supplies – snacks, stationery, lunch bags, school bag🎒, etc.
6. Back to School Clothing👔👗👞 – Go over your children’s clothing now. You will be surprised at what is missing, torn or out grown. Don’t forget trip to the barber/salon.
7. Waking Up The Brain 🧠 – Two weeks to school, start to introduce worksheets, reading and writing to help them prepare for school work. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
8. New Term Goals 📝– Review their last term assessment reports/results to determine areas to work on with their class teacher and have a discussion with your child.
9. School Day Routines📜🗓 – Plan out school day routines. Time to wake, eat, go to school, do homework, house chores, play and go to bed.
10. Finalise Logistics 🚌🚗⛹🏾♀️🏊🏽♀️– Don’t forget to check you have covered pickup and drop off arrangements, carpooling details, after school activities, etc
Like and Follow Us on Facebook and Instagram @9iijakids.com