All around the world tens of millions of parents are now homeschooling their kids. The covid-19 pandemic has forced schools to shutdown in a bid to contain the spread of the virus. We are aware that you are new to homeschooling but fret not, its not something totally different from what you have been doing in the past couple of days. To better keep you organised, your kids engaged and everyone sane , here are some tips to help through .
- Coordinate with Teachers: Some schools already set learning plans, follow the learning plans, and consistently have a chat with the teacher to learn what is expected of them and of you . Build a workflow that works for your child and your family.
- Set a schedule: Setting a home schooling schedule provides structure for each day. However while you may be following the plan,it’s up to you and your child to set how you’ll work with it. If you do have the flexibility, set up times for study and breaks at times that work with your child and family.
- Be flexible: Changes do happen. Even if you have lesson plans and study schedules, home school is a new scenario for many. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Allow time to adjust.
- Lean in to your child’s natural interest : If your child is really engaged and self-driven on certain topics, schedule these topics during times where you can take a mental break or focus on other work.
- Connect with parents: Whatsapp group chats and online parenting groups are helpful. You can chat with parents, share stories and get tips. Times may be hard but you don’t have to go through it alone.
- Introduce fun learning :Try as much as possible to make learning fun. 9ijakids has developed a fun learning application with over 200 educational games.If you have not gotten a free access yet, send an email to email@example.com to request for free access. This can really serve as a tool to engage the kids while you focus on other things especially if you are also working from home.
Hope this helps! Share with your network by clicking the share button below .