“As a man thinketh, so is he.” – Proverbs 23:7
“Mummy, I cant”
“Mummy, my friends don’t like me”
“Mummy, I am too fat/too short/not beautiful”
How many times have you heard your child say this?
Studies show that our thoughts, on average, can be up to 70% negative. Wow. And our mindset is everything. It drives who we become and what we can achieve.
If you believe you can’t, you won’t. But if you believe you can, you will. Positive thoughts/affirmations are needed to break through the negative thoughts.
Experts agree that affirmations can help young children feel confident and cultivate a positive self-image. They are also a way to help them cope when they’re feeling upset, scared or overwhelmed.
Daily affirmations can help shape your child’s mindset. Use God’s word that never fails to help build your child’s mindset and kick out negative thoughts.
Here are 7 affirmations you say together with your children:
1. “I am loved by God, my parents, family and friends.”
2. “Nothing can separate me from God’s love” (Romans 8:38)
3. “I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” (Psalm 139:14)
4. “God has a great plan for my life.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
5. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – (Philippians 4:13)
6. “I am brave, I don’t have the Spirit of fear.” (2 Timothy 1:7).
7. All things always work out for my good (Romans 8:28)
You can add the affirmation you know your child needs to hear and say.
The Bible says that “Death and life are in the power of the tongue,” (Proverbs 18:21).
As parents lets fill their mind and mouth with what God’s word says about them.
Help them know God’s word. 9ijakids has developed Bible games to teach children about God and his works using fun engaging games.
With the lockdown and movement restriction, we are granting FREE access to over 40 bible games Send a mail right now with the subject “I want FREE access” to Lola@9ijakids.com for your FREE access.