deadline for entry submission
Share With Your Network
STEAM FUN-FEST COMPETITION 2021
The Competition starts on the 6th of May and ends on the 30th of May at 11:59 PM West African Time.
Entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Who can participate
Children who are interested in participating in this competition must submit their entries on or before 30th of May 2021.
Children are not allowed to work in teams and can only enter into the competition individually.
Take and submit a one (1) min video of you talking about your original STEM project that solves or aims to proffer a better solution to a problem in your home or community.
DO NOT send us the actual video but a link to the video. Ensure all links are available for view and download until the end of the competition.
How to Submit an Entry?
To submit your entry for the competition simply follow the steps
1. Click the submit entry button below this page
2. Complete relevant information – Name, age, school, email and phone number
3. Enter or paste your video URL link
What are the Video Requirements?
Submitted content must comply with the following criteria:
1. Video file MUST be no longer than one (1) minute
2. The video must include; The definition of the problem the student is solving.
3. The solution to the problem.
4. The exhibition of the solution.
5. Upload your video file to Youtube or One Drive or Google drive.
6. Ensure the link can be accessed by the Judges.
7. Content must be original and neither copied, as a whole or partly, nor rephrased from any other sources.
8. Content must be truthful; and not violate the rights of any third party; If your submission shows faces, please be aware that you must be in possession of the signed authorisation of all persons appearing in the videos and/or pictures.
9. For underage students you must, in addition get their legal guardian agreements before using their images.
How Will Winners Be Notified?
Only the 10 top winners will be notified. Potential winners will be contacted via the contact information provided during submission.
Prizes to be Won
1. 10 inch Amazon Fire Tablet
2. Access to STEM-METS Summer Camp Program (Worth NGN 55,000)
3. 6 months free Nimdee Subscription
4. 9ijakids Activity Books
5. STEM Kits
6. Cash prizes and lots more
2nd and 3rd Position
1. 10 inch Amazon Fire Tablet
2. Access to STEM-METS Summer Camp Program (Worth NGN 45,000)
3. 3 months free Nimdee Subscription 9ijakids Activity Books
4. STEM Kits
5. Cash prizes and lots more
1. 3 months free Nimdee Subscription
2. 9ijakids Activity Books
3. STEM Kits and lots more
How Can I Enter?
Any child from age 7-13 years who has registered for the webinar can participate. Click here to register if you are yet to register. The competition is open to.
Category 1 (Rookies):
Children between the ages of 7-10 years
Category 2 (Explorers):
Children between the ages of 11-13 years
How Many Times Can I Submit an Entry?
You are only eligible to submit ONE entry.
DO NOT submit your video (for the Video Category) more than once.
DO NOT use the same resource(s) to create several learning activities for the Resource Category.
What are the Selection Criteria?
A selection committee would review the video submissions based on the following criteria:
Problem definition (10%)
Suitability of solution (50%)
Originality of solution (30%)
Presentation skills (10%)
Do Participants Get A Certificate for their Participation?
Yes. All participants who will finalize their submissions and do it on time before the deadline will get a certificate of participation where a name of a registered participant, a school and country will be specified. The certificates will be sent to the email addresses from which the entry was sent.