As 2018 is rolling out, I have taken time to evaluate how things turned out for me as a parent in 2018. I’ve been ticking my boxes and questioning my success rate at the goals I set for 2018. One of such goals was to yell less lol. Needless to say, I fell short on this goal according to my son.
So you were not alone if you feel you were less than a perfect parent in 2018. My advice is away with any guilty feeling and pat yourself on the back for your successes. Its time to pick yourself up and start afresh in the New Year. The goal in 2019 should be to set realistic and doable goals.
Here are some New Year Resolutions that you might want to consider:
- Spend uninterrupted quality time daily with the kids
- Set and stick to daily routines
- Say “No” More
- Listen More
- More outdoor play
- Implement and adhere to “Screen Time-Out”
- Get them to read more
- Ensure the kids do chores and help around the house
- Follow through (on rules, discipline, etc)
- Don’t rush to help to solve their problem or when they are facing a difficulty
- Be more intentional with their spiritual life
- Have regular date nights with hubby
And lastly, let them play more 9ijakids games.